Let’s keep this truck rolling!
Nominees for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series are:
- Steve Buscemi as Nucky Thompson in Boardwalk Empire
- Bryan Cranston as Walter White in Breaking Bad
- Michael C. Hall as Dexter Morgan in Dexter
- Hugh Bonneville as Robert, Earl of Grantham in Downton Abbey
- Damian Lewis as Nicholas Brody in Homeland
- Jon Hamm as Don Draper in Mad Men
Honestly, I’d give Jon Hamm an Emmy if he wore those pants, but I doubt he will. Sigh. He’s quick becoming the Susan Lucci of the primetime Emmys. Been nominated four times without a win and but I do think this is his year. Bryan Cranston will get it NEXT year after the final season of Breaking Bad, Kyle Chandler in Friday Night Lights-style, as his swan song. The other shows have a few more seasons (I hope) so I think Jon is due his Emmy. But only if he wears his pants.
Who I Want to Win: Jon Hamm’s Pants
Who Will Win: Jon Hamm the Person